Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Whores

Folks say that it isn't your enemies telling lies about you that you should worry about, it's your friends telling the truth. I was reminded of this after I read Powerline's recent attack on Tom Daschle. I don't usually read Glen Greenwald, but the blogfather referenced this article which quotes Rolling Stone's Matt Taibbi:
"In Washington there are whores and there are whores, and then there is Tom Daschle. Tom Daschle would suck off a corpse for a cheeseburger. True, he is probably only the second-biggest whore for the health care industry in American politics — the biggest being doctor/cat-torturer Bill Frist, whose visit to South Dakota on behalf of John Thune in 2004 was one of the factors in ending Daschle's tenure in the Senate."
Them's harsh words. Whore, indeed!
To their credit, both the New York Times and Ed Cone have called for Daschle to withdraw. I thought that had happened this morning when I saw this headline: "Tax issues prompt Obama nominee to withdraw" but it turned out to be a different Obama nominee.

I saw this store-front last week on High Point Road. It looks like they are selling them in big-box stores now.

No comments: